Winter doldrums meets JOY!

1:15 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Hiiiii! it's almost Christmas time! which is my FAVORITE time of the year! however, I realized I do not actually like winter weather! well...I like snow, but just bitter cold. uhhhh-no thanks! I love summer time! going swimming everyday, working out in the brisk mornings, or running in the middle of the day with the intense sun! or going on a late night bike ride when it's still warm and its dark until 10 pm! now...it gets dark at 5:00 pm! omg! that leaves no time for fun! and I don't think cold is romantic weather! and you can't wear fun party dresses because you have to mask them with big cumbersome jackets! and FINALS are during winter! I have 6 papers due this week! Even though I do not like this bitterly cold weather...I will have JOY! because Christ's joy runs through me always! not just when the weather is nice!! Joy can't be situational! So bring on the frigid weather, and dry hair and pale skin....weeeeeee!

okay, so I haven't been online shopping except for christmas presents lately..because I am working on improvement!! but I DID just make a coooooool purchase! one of my fav tv shows, pretty little liars has the best fashion! I saw this owlita pheasent earring on the show and was instantly captivated! chhhhheck it out!


I think it's awesome! Mine looks a little different though! more vibrant!

last night was the Christmas parade! JBU had an athlete float, so I walked in it!! It was soooo fun! this is a picture from last year's parade! I was with my TWO most fav people in the world! erica and annie!!!

My hair is so much longer now!! Annie wasn't at the parade because she is in Africa!! but I think she gets back today!! I am so excited, I have missed her so much! the wonderful thing about our friendship is that distance does not have an impact on our friendship! same with Erica, she lives in Russelville now..but we are still just as close as we were when we became best friends in middle school! I love her so much! I have known her longer than any of my friends, and I hope we stay close forever!!!! that's the thing about genuine friendships..if you want them to last they will! but it takes effort from both parties! I know there are people in my life that I will know forever! I hope so anyways :) I am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!!

okay, some of my favorite people in the whole wide world are the little girls I coach!!!!! they mean so much to me!! I have done private lessons for about 15 different girls, and each one is unique, and has different talents. right now, I am coaching five girls several days a week, and on the weekends they compete in 3v3 tournaments! Our team name is Kidd's Kids!! Yesterday, they competed in a tournament and got second place!! I was so proud of them!! I feel more joy coaching them then I ever did playing!! I love seeing them play with passion, and it makes me happy when they encourage one another, and I love how coachable they are! I hope I have a little girl that is just like them!! okay, here is a picture of us at the tournament!




okay, last thing! I love my momma!!! we have been watching movies together today, and I was just thinking I am really glad I have her as my mom! I am very thankful for her, and sometimes I don't think I do a good enough job conveying how grateful I am for her! Her love for her family is the absolute best depiction of Christ's love that I have ever seen!! to me, love is when you would do anything for the one you love, and you always put that person before yourself. and when they are sad or when they are hurting, you are too! and when you love someone, just being in their presence is enough! Those are just a few elements of love, there is a lot more to it...but I think those things are imperative parts of love! here's my mom! and that's Renee Buckminster! I love her too, she is one of my mom's best friends, and I think of her as a great friend too!! I look up to her so much! I want to be like my mom and Renee when I grow up!





0 comments: